Popular on s4story
- KITABOO AR, an Augmented Reality Platform to Convert Traditional Books into Interactive eBooks
- The Publishing World's New Power Couple
- Intugo Announces a Major Expansion, in Ciudad Obregón. A New Operation, 400+ New jobs
- Wayne Avrashow Shares the Writing Life on Thrive Global and his insights into Roll the Dice – A Perfect Political Novel for Our Times
- Author Todd Erick Pedersen Promotes His Coming Of Age Spiritual Novel – The Sapphire Song
- Dr. Jennifer Flo joins Grady Podiatry
- 2018 Dynamic and Unique Holy Gospels in One
- New book releasing soon: The Left-Handed Warrior by Jamie Jones
- Vikram Kalkat &Reto Gruenenfelder's book 'Digital Spine'
- Western Steamroller M. Allen Rolls Towards The Top With Hot Western Series
The intervention in the State of Rio de Janeiro on February 16, 2018 seeks to put an end to the serious situation of violence in the region. The role to be played by the Federal Government is to be limited to public security actions and has December 31, 2018 as a deadline. The President appointed General of Army and former military attaché in the Brazilian Embassy in Washington DC Walter Souza Braga Netto as the head of the intervention.
The intervention is effective immediately but must be submitted to Congress within 24 hours for approval.
Effects of the intervention on the Pension Reform
According to article 60, paragraph 1 of the Brazilian Constitution, the Magna Carta shall not be amended during federal intervention. This provision has generated debate and concern for the government. The Pension Reform is the number one item of the government agenda and it requires amending the Constitution.
More on s4story
- Beacon Publishing Group Releases "Sins of the Fathers" by Author A.J. McCarthy in Audiobook Format
- Global Military Avionics market grows to US$ 38 billion in 2025 according MarketForecast.com
- Dischell Bartle Dooley Sponsors Race Benefiting Special Needs Community
- Four Different Uber Services for Drivers Using TLC Car Rentals
- Woman cured of two autoimmune diseases during National Autoimmune Diseases Awareness Month
- Dawn of A New Era in Historic Arizona Town
- Sales Underway of Mixed-Use Commercial Sites at Halifax Town Center ‒ DIX Development's I-95 Interchange Property in Ormond Beach
The first reaction to appear in the media has been to assert that the Pension Reform may not be approved as long as the Federal intervention is in place. it is however important to separate the bill to amend the Constitution from the constitutional amendment itself.
The bill is the text submitted to both legislative houses. The amendment is the final text approved by the houses in two voting shifts each, by 3/5 of their members and jointly enacted by the House and the Senate.
As enacting the amendment is the final step of the legislative procedure, only this may be understood as in fact amending the Constitution. Anything before that is tentative of amendment.
The Constitution prohibits the enactment of the final text approved by congressmen, not discussing and voting proposals, moving forward with the legislative procedure.
Note that another paragraph (4) of the same article 60 of the Constitution lists situations when not even a bill to amend the Constitution may be discussed or voted in Congress – and Federal intervention is not there.
More on s4story
- New Bicycling Guidebook Highlights the Best of Southern California
- Poetry that Motivates - motivational message videos teach youth principles, values, and morals
- NC Hemp Industry May Play a Major Role in Thwarting Invasive Species Onslaught in North America
- How NOT to be an April Fool When it comes to Separation and Divorce
- Walter O'Brien 'Scorpion' Judges Top Innovators at USC Hackathon
- Great Railroad Series: Our First Locomotive - Teen Author Isaac ben Levi
- National Pitmasters Bring Smoked And Fired Foods To Coeur D'alene This Summer
On another note, the government has considered suspending the intervention when the Pension Reform is mature enough to be approved - in our view, this would only be necessary for enacting the Amendment
Although the Constitution does not provide for temporary suspension of the Federal intervention, based on a 1935 precedent in which the state of siege was suspended for the approval of three pieces of legislation it is reasonable to assume that such suspension would be considered legal.
in brief, the Pension Reform legislative process may move forward during the Federal intervention up to its final approval. in order for the House and the Senate to enact the Constitutional Amendment, the President must suspend or put an end to the intervention.
ANNE / Agencia Nacional de noticias Empresariais
Latest on s4story
- Triple Access Media Gains Moore Access & New CFO
- Real Estate agents just lost an excuse
- FCTI Implements Diebold Nixdorf's Vynamic ProFlex4 Software at ATMs Nationwide
- ZETTLER Displays Provides 10.1 Inch TFT Solution for Industrial Touch Panel Control
- The Murder Club concludes - Kickstarter for psychological thriller graphic novel launches April 4th
- Mrs. Delaware America Contestants Announced. Winner Heads to Nationals
- Stellar Star :OLIVIA OOMS Releases her new EP "THOUGHTS OF YOU"
- The Release of The 50-60 Something Start-up Entrepreneur Warns of the Perfect Storm on the Horizon for Individuals 50+ years of Age
- Sujata Chatterjee's book Looking Through the Prism: Spectrum advocates for optimism and positivity
- D2 TEAM-Sim Selects VE Studio® to Develop Advanced 3D Virtual Training Solutions
- Funky Dreamer Storytime Enters Latino Children's Book Market with Two New Spanish Editions
- From a Dream to the Real Deal: One Author's Story Covers It All
- Beacon Publishing Group Releases "Legends of The Lost Tribes" Books 1 & 2 By Author Kitty Lewis
- What's Your Return On Investment 4 NEO?
- Beacon Publishing Group Releases "The Magic Necklace of Al-Andalus: A Novel" In Audiobook Format
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Phil Schwartz
- New Release: The Crystilleries of Echoland, a Children's Fantasy with 82 Illustrations
- Shudan Wang: Hollywood's Newest Superhero or Supervillain?
- Latino Leaders Network Honors Maria Echaveste and Convenes Local Leaders in San Jose at Luncheon Event on Wednesday, March 21st
- Lilly Foundation and CIC support Thiel College's efforts to grow campus connections