Popular on s4story
- Notice Of Legal Action Against Certain Top Executives Of Sunpower Business Group Ltd
- Synced Released 2018 Fortune Global 500 Public Company Artificial Intelligence Adaptivity Report
- HSMAI to Recognize Ronald Castro as "Top 25" at the Adrian Awards Gala
- Canadian Actor Deb McGrath Lends Voice to Transgender Issues
- Ripple's XRP has officially launched on P2P Crypto Exchange, LocalCoinSwap
- The Hanover Bald Eagle Nest Cams Are Now Live!
- JustCall launches SMS Bots for Businesses to automate customer support
- Delve Into The Mind Of Author J.H. Moncrieff In "The Girl Who Talks To Ghosts"
- YourDictionary Makes SAT Prep Easy with Launch of Alexa Skill
- FROM SIBERIA TO ST. KITTS: A Teacher's Journey - Biography of an extraordinary teacher
The intervention in the State of Rio de Janeiro on February 16, 2018 seeks to put an end to the serious situation of violence in the region. The role to be played by the Federal Government is to be limited to public security actions and has December 31, 2018 as a deadline. The President appointed General of Army and former military attaché in the Brazilian Embassy in Washington DC Walter Souza Braga Netto as the head of the intervention.
The intervention is effective immediately but must be submitted to Congress within 24 hours for approval.
Effects of the intervention on the Pension Reform
According to article 60, paragraph 1 of the Brazilian Constitution, the Magna Carta shall not be amended during federal intervention. This provision has generated debate and concern for the government. The Pension Reform is the number one item of the government agenda and it requires amending the Constitution.
More on s4story
- "Dizzy Izzy and the Singer" by Zee 'C' is published
- The Blyth Institute Launches New Interdisciplinary Journal
- This Brand Wants to Replace Your Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder for Free
- "Nice" is Now the "New Normal," Declares Author
- Qualis Corporation's Strategic Programs Unit Appraised at CMMI Level 3
- Finalists Named for Beaufort International Film Festival 2019
- Growing Up Amongst Dog Fighting and Gang Bangers Make Life Difficult In "Without A Fight"
The first reaction to appear in the media has been to assert that the Pension Reform may not be approved as long as the Federal intervention is in place. it is however important to separate the bill to amend the Constitution from the constitutional amendment itself.
The bill is the text submitted to both legislative houses. The amendment is the final text approved by the houses in two voting shifts each, by 3/5 of their members and jointly enacted by the House and the Senate.
As enacting the amendment is the final step of the legislative procedure, only this may be understood as in fact amending the Constitution. Anything before that is tentative of amendment.
The Constitution prohibits the enactment of the final text approved by congressmen, not discussing and voting proposals, moving forward with the legislative procedure.
Note that another paragraph (4) of the same article 60 of the Constitution lists situations when not even a bill to amend the Constitution may be discussed or voted in Congress – and Federal intervention is not there.
More on s4story
- Explore The Realities Of Being A Teenage Girl In A Modern Media Environment In "Entertaining Demons"
- Crypto Exchange Platform from Romania
- New Millennial Approach To Fashion: Personal Styling Online
- Chain-bar – The Revolutionary Social App Links Blockchain Investors Together
- Just Released on Amazon: 'Raising My Baby Sister' Children's Book by a 9-Year-Old Big Sister
- DIY Tax Preparation Company Launching IOOGO TAX January 1, 2019
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Its Client YayPay on $8.4M Funding Round
On another note, the government has considered suspending the intervention when the Pension Reform is mature enough to be approved - in our view, this would only be necessary for enacting the Amendment
Although the Constitution does not provide for temporary suspension of the Federal intervention, based on a 1935 precedent in which the state of siege was suspended for the approval of three pieces of legislation it is reasonable to assume that such suspension would be considered legal.
in brief, the Pension Reform legislative process may move forward during the Federal intervention up to its final approval. in order for the House and the Senate to enact the Constitutional Amendment, the President must suspend or put an end to the intervention.
ANNE / Agencia Nacional de noticias Empresariais
Latest on s4story
- "Have You Ever Killed Anyone? I Have."
- Coming in February from All Due Respect: GUILLOTINE by Paul Heatley
- Author of Book Series Claims Elvis Presley Was Murdered
- Higher Digital Selects Jonathan Kaplan and Edwin Welch for Corporate Advisory Board
- "The Sugar Merchant" by James Hutson-Wiley is published
- MC Companies Completes Five Property Sales in Arizona, Texas and Oklahoma
- USAM Group Streamlines Access to Innovative Technology in Asia
- New eBook for free one day only!
- Author Eric Chifunda Promotes His Inspirational Non-fiction Book – Selected Inspirational Quotes
- HOA Management Database Software™ Brings 21st Century Digital Automation to Homeowners Associations
- Mortgage Legal Expert Joyce Wilkins Pollison promoted to Executive Director of Lenders Compliance Group
- HDOnTap Partners with the American Eagle Foundation to Live Stream the Northeast Florida Bald Eagle Nest Cameras
- Solugen Receives 2018 EPA Safer Choice Partner of the Year Award
- HARTING Han-Eco Connector Line Meets Industry Standard Han B Requirements
- HARTING Han M23 Power-Hybrid Connectors
- In Search for the Soul of International Business
- HARTING Developed A Han Configurator
- "The Only Voice I Could Hear Was Yours" by Uzma Khan is published by New Generation Publishing
- Coming in March from Down & Out Books: MURDER-A-GO-GO'S edited by Holly West
- BENEATH THE DISTANT STAR by Lisa Shambrook Addresses Themes of Mental Health With Realism and Hope