Popular on s4story
- Sun Toyota partners with GEICO® and the National Auto Body Council (NABC) to donate a vehicle to Starting Right, Now, a Tampa nonprofit 101
- SEC's New Disclosure Framework, ERISA and Tax Developments, Current Updates from SEC and FINRA Staff, and More at the ALI CLE Life Insurance P
- Technicolor's Brian Jentz Explains How High-End CPE Can Help NSPs Gain a Competitive Edge and Drive Margins as Consumption Models Evolve
- Literary Magazine Launched on-line
- Introducing Vein Treatment Center
- Newport Beach Law Firm Represents Victim Burned by Exploding E-Cigarette
- Garrett Van Wagoner shares Van Wagoner Ventures history and mission
- Dallas Bathtub Services Educates Consumers About Refinishing
- THE DEATH OF VULTURES is Out Tomorrow, September 15th!
- Parkland Shooting Survivor Receives Civic Award
The intervention in the State of Rio de Janeiro on February 16, 2018 seeks to put an end to the serious situation of violence in the region. The role to be played by the Federal Government is to be limited to public security actions and has December 31, 2018 as a deadline. The President appointed General of Army and former military attaché in the Brazilian Embassy in Washington DC Walter Souza Braga Netto as the head of the intervention.
The intervention is effective immediately but must be submitted to Congress within 24 hours for approval.
Effects of the intervention on the Pension Reform
According to article 60, paragraph 1 of the Brazilian Constitution, the Magna Carta shall not be amended during federal intervention. This provision has generated debate and concern for the government. The Pension Reform is the number one item of the government agenda and it requires amending the Constitution.
More on s4story
- The Amazing Ninja Brothers: New middle grade book series teaches empathy for children
- Prolific Press Has Published Desert by Lisa Stice
- Prolific Press has published Brief Candles by Bill Rector
- Even Small Businesses Are at Risk for Cyber Attacks
- Lindal to launch two new products at FEA
- "Retrospect" by Tom Tottis is published
- Why Ammeris Blockchain Foundation goes PoW for main-net
The first reaction to appear in the media has been to assert that the Pension Reform may not be approved as long as the Federal intervention is in place. it is however important to separate the bill to amend the Constitution from the constitutional amendment itself.
The bill is the text submitted to both legislative houses. The amendment is the final text approved by the houses in two voting shifts each, by 3/5 of their members and jointly enacted by the House and the Senate.
As enacting the amendment is the final step of the legislative procedure, only this may be understood as in fact amending the Constitution. Anything before that is tentative of amendment.
The Constitution prohibits the enactment of the final text approved by congressmen, not discussing and voting proposals, moving forward with the legislative procedure.
Note that another paragraph (4) of the same article 60 of the Constitution lists situations when not even a bill to amend the Constitution may be discussed or voted in Congress – and Federal intervention is not there.
More on s4story
- Berkshire East Plumbing & Heating Expands Commercial Side Of Business
- Ammeris Blockchain Foundation and Ammeris Group appoint Ian Gilmour as Head of Advisory
- UK Car Discount Motors To 15 Year Milestone
- One of Indy's Finest Has Done it Again!
- Why Backing Up Your Data is Pivotal For Cyber Security in Casper
- 3 Things You Need to Know About Small Business Network Security in Minneapolis-St. Paul
- 4 Tips for a Successful IT Consulting Relationship
On another note, the government has considered suspending the intervention when the Pension Reform is mature enough to be approved - in our view, this would only be necessary for enacting the Amendment
Although the Constitution does not provide for temporary suspension of the Federal intervention, based on a 1935 precedent in which the state of siege was suspended for the approval of three pieces of legislation it is reasonable to assume that such suspension would be considered legal.
in brief, the Pension Reform legislative process may move forward during the Federal intervention up to its final approval. in order for the House and the Senate to enact the Constitutional Amendment, the President must suspend or put an end to the intervention.
ANNE / Agencia Nacional de noticias Empresariais
Latest on s4story
- Ammeris Blockchain Foundation goes with Staking as a way to incentivize support and distribute inflation
- S2G Ventures Continues Growth and Team Expansion
- FNTC Sports Joins Fantasy Sports Trade Association To Bring Blockchain Technology To Fantasy Sports
- Badger Maps provides free mapping software for disaster relief after hurricane Florence
- Authentic Love: Righteous and Real Event for Singles 30 and Up!
- Renee Lovekids Promotes Diversity and Debate as the Keys to a Successful Classroom and Community
- New Storybook Helps Fathers Carve Out Reading Ritual With Their Child
- Book 50 Ways to Get Your Way by Juliet Huck Promotes the Art of Persuading Others Using the Simple Power of Commonsense Values
- Clintoria Session Releases Second Edition of "A Withered Rose Can Bloom Again"
- Evolve IP® to Hold Women, Wine, and Tech Event to Stimulate Collaboration
- JNN Group Announces Acceptance as CMMI Institute Partner
- Nancy Payne Named Director of Business Development of CheckpointID
- New Doctor of Behavioral Health Admissions Applicant Resources Available
- Digital Media Solutions to Get in the Game with "EndZone Madness" Activation as a Gold Sponsor of 2018 LeadsCon Connect to Convert
- TriboFilm Research Inc. Announces Phase 2 SBIR Grant Award from The National Institutes of Health under Award Number R44EY024461
- At EURETINA 2018, Navigated Retina Laser is Moving into the Next Decade
- Stress Breakthrough Coaching Now Accessible Worldwide to Burned-Out & Stressed-Out Moms
- Startup Weekend Miami: Latinx In Tech Brings National Spotlight On Miami Latin Entrepreneurs
- LR Foundation announces new partnership with Crete Academy - Preps for inaugural Career Day Interactive Fair
- Coming in January from Down & Out Books: TEN-SEVEN, a Penns River Crime Novel by Dana King