Popular on s4story
- Relocate Easily with a Professional Mover Faridabad
- Author Cyndi Friberg Releases New Sci-fi Romance Novel, Warlord: Outcasts Book 5
- What it takes to study Australian Administrative Law
- Is There's Someone To Whom I Can Pay To Do My Assignment
- Why Seek Yahoo Phone Number?
- Author Judith Keim Releases New Women's Fiction, Romance Novel – Change Of Heart
- "Dark to Light and Other Stories" by Stephen Filbey is published
- Toronto Digital Marketing Agency Receives 2019 City Excellence Award
- THE LOVE OF 10,000 by Dr. Kecia Brown Published on May 25, 2019 by Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing
- Kenmei Technologies to sponsor the 7th Global 5G Event and EuCNC 2019
S For Story/10377847
The Brazilian people have a natural characteristic to adapt in any part of the world, performing the most diverse functions, with a lot of talent by the way. Even in areas that are apparently not national specialties, such as the interior designer, which is a traditional designer section focused on environments such as houses, rooms, offices and all kinds of places where people are housed. According to the Ministry of Education (MEC), which authorizes design courses, in Brazil alone there are more than 15 thousand professionals in service, who provide consulting services, attend decoration and design shops, the hotel industry, generating a high range of services and tasks.
The way of looking at spaces and rearranging them changed the Brazilian lands in Italy with the arrival of Mônica Matarazzo, who got his space in the "Mecca" of world design. The 45-year-old Formosa D'Oeste designer, Mônica Matarazzo, managed to win in the Old World, settled in Seriate, province of Bergamo, 50 km from Milan, the world capital of good taste, home to great fashion labels and renowned schools such as IED - Istituto Europeo di Design Milan, which offers various courses and even graduations in the field.
Living alone in Italy, with her dog "Fabio", a Basenji, the dog worshiped by the Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt, Monica was able to build a portfolio of clients for the execution of several projects in Italian lands.
However, before being able to enter a competitive market, Monica had to have an encounter with herself. The successful adventure in Europe was only possible when the designer accepted as a trans person, who was feeling inadequate in the male body and, at age 17, realized that for her walk in life to have meaning and to be a full person, she would have to face the biggest challenge of her life: to take the first step towards the physical and emotional change that makes Monica, a professional requested in one of the most competitive designer centers in the world. Detail: Monica is self-taught.
"I decided to be Monica when I was 17 years old. Of course at the beginning it was not easy because we do not want to accept, but the desire for change to be who you are was stronger. Of course the society's bias the shame and embarrassment of meeting people on the street had, but I have always handled it quietly, for I have never been a person who exposed myself, for I preserve my privacy, always quiet in my corner. Showing naturalness with the change helped me to be respected as Monica, because I never gave reasons for the respect to be lacking with me, "said the designer.
More on S For Story
- Free Web Submission Sites List
- Happy Mothers Day!!! Because Without the Mothers there be No Fathers, right?
- A Willow Valley Historical Romance
- Dates announced for the 12th Annual Whale Shark Festival in Isla Mujeres, Mexico
- Dr. Mark L. Shatsky Joins The Emory Neurophysiologic Institute (EM-NPI) - www.emoryinstitute.org
With the initial impact of gender identity change, Monica was able to deal with the family difficulty, certainly the most intense, because the understanding is more limited on how one can identify emotionally and physically with the opposite gender. Today, she has more serenity, but the days that followed with the desire for change revealed to the family were tense and intense. But with a happy ending.
"The relationship with my family has always been very respectful and I believe that only the oldest people will remember me as a little boy. I was afraid of my father, for I bore my ears, let my nails grow, my hair was big already, but scraped on the back of my neck so he would not notice. But, he found out. And yes, it was painful for him, because no parent is prepared for that kind of change. Nowadays, it has more tolerance, but even with the heads of today's parents being better, I know they do not want to. I was born Monica at age 17 and already use my social name well before the law that is in force today in Brazil. I always visit them and there is a more peaceful relationship, because they know about my work and what I have conquered far from my city. "
From Paraná to Europe - A designer emerges
If the gender change was the breakup of Monica with its biological origin, being the biggest step of life, the search for her professional and personal space would be her new battle. At the age of only 19, Mônica left Londrina, where she lived a good part of the life of a child and adolescent, and went to the Old Continent, carrying dreams, conquests and adaptation to her new being. with which he identified himself with truth.
"I arrived in Europe in 1993 in Switzerland, in France and started working in concert halls, the old cabarets. Shortly after I sought my regularization and obtained the documentation and settled in Italy, where I live until today. I worked a lot, and I was conquering my space. It was times of struggle, "he said.
In the wake of her European life, she had created relationships and until one day, in a prose with a friend, who had a men's clothing store, which was all white and lifeless, in her view, helped him shape the place, providing his first consultancy, although informal and without receiving for work. Then they asked for Monica's opinion on the arrangement of space and the exchange of real estate. The ability she had demonstrated since she was young, rearrange environments, decorate them, came alive and a new activity arose.
More on S For Story
- Paws Plus One Proud to Announces Stockist of Danish Design Dog Beds
- Learn The Delaware River Valley History Prior To The Founding Of Philadelphia In "Before Penn"
- Bitcoin and BTC.com in China Continue to Top the Second Edition of CryptoSuper500 List
- LLA takes on the sequel to The Missing F_ctor, The Business End!
- Battle Beasts and Monsters In "Franklin Hobbs and the Quagmire of Darkness" By D. Hudson Hallow
"I never studied, never had a formal education, I'm not a graduate. But I've always had this ability to want to see my house differently. He had been doing this since he was young. Already in Italy, after I bought a house and was renovating it, I was asked to help with the remodeling of other houses, the choice of furniture, wallpapers, a trend here, and who I helped liked the result, word of mouth and began to pay me for it. So, it was my beginning in this work, "he explained.
Monica's natural ability began to attract the attention of more people, who went in search of their professional services, consolidating the work as a designer, who from an informal help, became required not only in the choice of materials for decoration, but even in the use of the spaces of the Italian homes. She does a lot of research for each project and has made the interior designer her main activity, generating support and respect.
"I've always done it all by myself in my house. And the people's search for my work increased, because I saw that I was being valued and receiving for it was very gratifying. I even did some work in Brazil, and of course, in my house is my 'mess', because I always have something to be modified. "
Fame beyond Seriate
The work of Mônica Matarazzo gained body to the point of being well received in Parma, Bergamo and other points of Italy. All this thanks to its spatial perception of the environments that it visits. Positive word-of-mouth generated new job opportunities in homes, mostly asking for advice, but in her lust for change she already "wanted to break a wall," as she said in a playful tone.
"I did some work in Parma, in other cities, besides Seriate and Bergamo, who saw my work in the houses and asked for advice. When he arrived to evaluate the project, he wanted to break the walls, lower the ceiling, change the colors, everything. And people end up following my ideas. Even with many people with traditional background, I always try to offer something different, beyond the traditional and obvious. The good thing is to do something that represents what you like and that is tasteful. "
Being a trans woman generates curiosity
Monica's successful work has generated an aura of curiosity, according to her own observations, in people when they discover that the designer involved in the projects is a trans woman. She says several people have contacted her for work because she is not a biologically traditional woman.
Brazilian and trans interior designer gains space in the Italian market by modifying environments
Latest on S For Story
- 'Effing Simple' author gets practical about business advice
- Heilind Asia Will Exhibit at Hall98 Booth 8C50 in NEPCON Thailand 2019
- Regency DRT/DKI awarded prestigious Phoenix Award
- James Garrison and Douglas Wells receive national recognition through the INDEPENDENT PRESS AWARD®
- Heilind Asia Pacific President William Sim Featured as Cover Story in Silicon India Magazine
- Anaiah Press announces book release of Carabelle by Renee Lichtenhan
- Password RBL adds Pwned Passwords database to their password blacklisting service
- A Blockbuster Ruling In Child Abuse Cases
- New Release of Revenge of the Birds
- Lantek and BCAM collaborate to revolutionize part nesting calculation for sheet metal cutting
- Laminate Flooring Market Report 2019-2024 | Industry Trends, Share and Opportunities
- Best Digital Marketing Company in Chennai
- Summer Fun Awaits On the 28th Annual Michigander Bicycle Tour
- Finding Real Love in The Age of The "Me Too" Movement
- "Murder at Uncle Candyman's Grocery" - Grocery Store Murder Provides Food for Thought
- Audley Press Publishes First Collection
- Reid Ashbaucher Publications Announces Release of a New Textbook called Dispensational Theology: A Textbook on Eschatology in the Twenty-First Century
- New electronic music book publisher launches with title on bleep techno
- Author Carolyn Denman Promotes Her YA Fantasy Novel, Songlines
- New Adventure Tale About White Slave Turned Pirate Captain Is Based On Author's Ancestors