Popular on s4story
- Reach for It because Y.O.U.is Worth It - Discover how to Rock your LIfe with Face Forward You Radio 581
- Waterside Productions Announces John A. Barry's New Book, "Maledictionary"
- Claudiu Murgan will attend 'Word On The Street' on Sept 22, 2019 - Harbourfront Centre, Toronto
- Wormhole Labs Partners with Twitch to Launch Gaming and Esports Technology Platform
- The UPS Store names Avanti Press, Inc. its 2019 Vendor of the Year
- James Bond 25 filming in the Faroe Islands
- Trump Loving Life Coach's New Book Encourages Transparent, Well Intentioned Discussion To Bring Americans Closer
- Liberty Dollar Network Is Buying Products and Overstocks
- Develop A Healthier, More Satisfying Lifestyle With The "Easy Sugar Break-Up" By Rena Greenberg
- #HackAutism 2019 Powered by Microsoft
S For Story/10380677
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190611...
Leadership is not a skill that just comes by birth. It comes with years of experiences, mentoring and above all, learning from failures. William Sim (President, Heilind Asia Pacific) is a true manifestation of this statement. He boasts rich industry experience of more than 30 years which entails holding key positions in the semiconductor manufacturing business as well as the global distribution business of electronics.
An Outstanding Business Leader with Extensive Value for People
William's professional journey began at Philips Semiconductors (now NXP Semiconductors) wherein he was initially involved in sales & marketing while serving as the General Manager for South Asia Pacific at the end of his tenure. Post serving Philips Semiconductors for about 25 years, he moved on to WPG Holdings, the No.1 Global Semiconductor Distributor and became the Senior Vice President of Global Operations. He also served as the Vice President of Global Alliance at Arrow Electronics, two years prior to joining Heilind Asia Pacific, a well-renowned interconnect specialist as its President. All through this challenging yet content journey, William felt extremely blessed to have worked for many reputable MNCs in both verticals of manufacturing and distribution.
It was after plunging into the electronics realm, William learnt a piece of advice from one of his former CEOs, which is – People are the single most important resource in any organization which drives all other resources. Till date, this statement has impacted both his personal and professional lives to a great extent. He accentuates on the fact that no matter how visionary a corporate mission is, how good a strategy is, how much investments it acquires, it is ultimately people who accomplish great things for any organization. In fact at Heilind Asia Pacific, William always ascertains to create a culture of valuing people, which in turn yield the firm with great employee satisfaction. He vests his beliefs in empowering each individual in the organization and engage maximum of them in decision making, thus giving them the ownership in each business endeavor. This is what William strongly preaches at Heilind Asia Pacific besides advocating human rights and promoting sustainable development.
More on S For Story
- Wizard World Teams With Madison Reading Project On Comic Book Program at Wizard World, Oct. 25-27
- Canadian Technology Startup Program Selects California-based New Frontier Aerospace for its 2019/20 Cohort
- "Fury's Child" by Geoffrey Abrahams is published by New Generation Publishing
- JUST RELEASED...CHRIS JASPER reinvents his ISLEY BROTHERS Classic "For The Love Of You"
- Brighton Publishing releases "Heir to the Throne II" from author Gregg Brown
William gives his employees extensive freedom to learn and grow in tandem with the organization, more precisely infuse the feeling of belongingness into each one of them. Even when they commit mistakes for the first time, he fosters them to learn and correct those mistakes instead of inflicting a penalty right away on them. He further respects suggestions or ideas from each one of his employees and allows them to walk through his door any time. By and large, his primordial aim is to set goals for his company, communicate them well among his people, fine-tune strategies as and when needed, track progress seamlessly and eventually recognize, celebrate and reward the success of his people.
Presenting people the right recognition is an important aspect that William always emphasizes on. Each milestone accomplished by the company gets featured in its newsletter while all the teams are allowed to celebrate for the same. Moreover, all employees including the ones confined to warehouses at Heilind Asia Pacific proactively participate in the yearly outing and take some quality time off work. No wonder, William takes utmost pride in Heilind Asia Pacific for beholding a very low staff turnover; for instance, out of 30 people who joined the firm during the inception year, 27 still remain. Today, he is extremely elated to have people who clearly comprehend and support the company's business goals.
Extended Value – Partners & Suppliers
Not just his people, William extremely values his partners and suppliers at Heilind Asia Pacific as he considers distribution as a relationship business. Since the firm is dependent on suppliers and customers for its distribution business, he pledges its prime business goal is to retain the very essence of distribution through the concept - 'Distribution As It Should Be'. This concept includes considering distribution as a relationship business, catering to the entire range of customers, applications & market segment and being a stocking distributor with large inventory, and also bringing quick TAT with no minimum order quantity limitation. Implementing this unique concept, Heilind Asia Pacific has beheld major milestones in its business as the most preferred and reliable channel partner for its suppliers and customers while being the major reinforcement for its suppliers'offerings.
More on S For Story
- New Book Redefines Recovery with Practical Coping Skills
- 10 things to consider before choosing a Horizontal Laminar Flow Hood
- How to choose right Glove boxes for laboratory
- Astor Capital Fund in Rumored Talks to Explore a $5 Billion Bank Merger with Saudi Alinma Bank
- New Author, Daniel K. Talburt, Thrills With Action-Packed Space Adventure
Moments of Honour
The inaugural event of Hong Kong Business Management Excellence Awards 2018 honored the city's exemplary business leaders along with eminent individuals and teams who have contributed towards the escalation of their company's business. William is the proud recipient of Executive of the Year – Electronics Award who considers it as a recognition of his conviction of valuing people. He received this award on behalf of every single employee at Heilind Asia Pacific who always works with great commitment for the firm.
At the 2018/19 Fellowship & Honorary Award Presentation Ceremony hosted by Social Enterprise Research Academy (SERA), William was rewarded with the 2018 Asian Social Caring Leadership Award. He dedicated this award to Heilind Asia Pacific's culture of corporate social responsibility wherein the firm has always ensured to care for society and encourage social services. Being socially responsible has been the company's philosophy since its establishment and William is totally delighted that it has been accepted and followed by his people as a part of company's culture. Some of the social activities that the company has participated in under the reign of William are 'Happy Children Barefoot Trip of New Year' in 2016, and 'The more we share, the more we win' in 2017, to name a few.
Leadership Has No Style
As the President of Heilind Asia Pacific, William always keeps track of a few aspects such as – a distinct vision of where the company is going, clear KPIs, the ability to pre-empt challenges, the courage to make changes, understanding that all problems end with him and trust that each person is important in the company. He also has three chief beliefs that he holds close to his heart – learn & improve, treat every individual with respect and always stay positive.
William Sim, President
In his career spanning 30+ years, William has achieved invaluable knowledge and experiences from the best in the industry which stand as the backbone for his endeavors at Heilind Asia Pacific.'
Heilind Asia Pacific
RM 1707-10,DELTA HOUSE,3 ON YIU ST
Latest on S For Story
- US Army Veteran Places His Boots on The Ground – Acumentrics Places Power in His Backpack!
- The Tales and Princesses Series
- Jan-Carol Publishing Releases Winter Anthology
- Mental Health Care Will Radically Alter In The 21st Century
- Brand New Releases From Dusty Saddle Publishing Mark The Beginning Of A Brand New Wave Of Hitmakers
- Sailboat Struck by Lightning in the Virgin Islands
- Cloud Management Suite Beats Industry Average with Outstanding Customer Support Satisfaction Results
- #1 Bestselling True Crime Book "The Girls Are Gone" Launch Audiobook; Debuts at #1
- Serial Entrepreneur Ramesh Dontha's New Book "The 60 Minute Startup" Is The Modern Entrepreneur's Roadmap To Start A Business In 30 Days Or Less
- Macadamian Awarded 2019 Eurostars Eureka Project Award for Innovation
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client 24 Hour Home Care for Being Honored by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE
- Gardening Expert John Robert Beaudry Releases New Home And Garden Book - Garden Sanctuary
- 83bar publishes eight new reports from its Patient Activation market research
- GrooveCar Direct Announces 17 New Credit Union Partnerships in Q3 2019
- Spin Rewriter 10 sets the content marketing world alight with its latest release
- Australian Singer Andrew Farstar Advanced On Two Global Airplay Charts With 'Day by Day'
- American Garden Rose Selections™ Announces 2020 Winners
- Upcoming Book Release: Agony: Suffering Yesterday, Entertaining Today
- HALLOWEEN RAFFLE Over $1,000 in Prizes from Dark Regions Press Happening Now on DarkRegions.com
- "When the Heart Speaks, Listen: Discovering Inner Wisdom" Now Available In Audiobook Format