Popular on s4story
- Jimi Hendrix's Black Legacy Lives Through Literature
- Sparx IT Solutions in Association with Dribbble Hosted a Design Meetup
- Alfred Street Baptist Church Gifts Howard University With $100k To Pay Off Tuition & Outstanding Balances Of Senior Students
- "Bloody Bloody Apple" By Horror Author Howard Odentz Now Available In Audiobook Format
- Florida Healthcare Law Firm Expands Real Estate Law & Global Health Legal Offerings with Addition of Attorney Amanda Bhikhari!
- Join Mobisoft Infotech At #HIMSS19: Where Champions of Health Unite
- Savant Books Announces Daniel Bradford's Western, "Bo Henry at Three Forks" in eBook Format
- Teach Students How to Control Sensors & Motors with LabVIEW and NI myRIO
- Wine Industry Sales Executive Brings 15 years of Brand Development Expertise to Glass Vodka
- CoreView Acquires TermSet to Strengthen Security Capabilities for Enterprises
S For Story/10360442
All too frequently, the volume of information and process challenges involved in the industry can have a potentially damaging impact on customer service and negative commercial implications. At the same time, these challenges present significant opportunities for cost control, service improvement and strategic performance when the issues are overcome and effective resource optimisation is implemented.
So how do cruise lines overcome these challenges and turn them into positive opportunities? Dynama's latest White Paper outlines how to improve guest satisfaction and business performance by focusing on six key areas.
Focus on the areas that matter
Success lies in deploying the latest automated Workforce Optimisation (WFO) solutions to alleviate the biggest pain points. Here are six critical areas that deserve immediate attention
Optimal Resourcing – use the latest WFO technology to gain 360° visibility across deck, engine and hotel crew from one single integrated system. Having all critical information in one place provides control in an information-intensive environment, making it easy to create, maintain and change schedules quickly and efficiently. This gives management time to focus on revenues and minimising risk while crew members can devote themselves to improving the guest experience.
More on S For Story
- LoBue & Majdalany Achieves Association Management Company (AMC) Institute Accreditation for 15th year
- New Joe R. Lansdale and Keith Lansdale Graphic Novel from Dark Regions Press on darkregions.com
- Lynese Lawson, D.O., Medical Director of Proactive Wellness Centers, achieves IFM Certification for the Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline Program
- Modern Treatise Expands Its Political Coverage
- FREE from Friday 22nd to Tuesday the 26th
- MC Companies Receives Multiple Nominations At 2019 Arizona Multi-housing Association Tribute Awards
- Lesley Brice, President and Partner of MC Residential LLC., Named As 2019 Chair of Autism Speaks Walk Arizona In Association with S.A.R.R.C
Cost Control – ensuring the right crew are on the right cruise ships at the right time with up-to-date medical and travel documentation is critical but expensive. In fact, crew travel expenses are one of the biggest costs for cruise lines. The good news is that even small changes can amount to multi-million-dollar savings. The latest WFO solutions integrate with HR and travel systems to enable joined-up logistics planning that keep crew moving, with the best flight and hotel deals available. Furthermore, sophisticated functionality enables 'what if' scenario planning including budgetary analysis alongside full demand planning and compliance management before a single dollar is actually spent.
Compliance - with international best-practice standards and legislation it is essential to ensure the safety of crew and passengers and minimise the risk of heavy penalties for non-compliance. Automated WFO systems provide the hard evidence necessary to demonstrate compliance with these regulations by capturing, storing and reporting on a ship's end-to-end compliance activities at the click of a button.
Staff Engagement – in a highly competitive industry, attracting, developing and retaining the best talent is a constant challenge. Use workforce optimisation to create a virtual library of crew skills then tap into the data to develop meaningful training programs and career paths. Empower and motivate staff further by adding self-service capabilities. At a glance, crew members can view their schedules, see who they are working with, trade shifts with colleagues and request time off at any time and from anywhere in the world.
More on S For Story
- "Diálogos internos: Poesía 1982-2014" - Poetry Collection Combines Works Written Over 32 Years
- Author Lori Power Releases Third Book In Her The Gentle Surf Romance Series – For A Song
- Hear Directly From Leading Technology Companies on Latest Global Development in Encryption and Cloud Computing
- Stemology® Releases Product with Advanced Stem Cell Technology Complex
- The Best Microfiction Anthology Series
- MECA Solutions' printing sleeves feature proprietary materials
- Voice Magazine for Women Selects an Appalachian Themed Book of the Month
Change readiness – is a valuable attribute. Constantly changing operational and industry demands put immense pressure on scheduling and resource management. Fortunately, WFO solutions consolidate and analyse big data in a highly dynamic way, enabling managers to build efficient, flexible schedules for today and tomorrow. Spotting trends and variances in demand and in real-time, improves proactive decision-making and boosts business agility.
System Interfacing – effective scheduling and resource management depend on harnessing the right information from the best applications available rather than forcing existing systems to integrate with each other. The latest WFO solutions interface with most of the leading ERP and HR systems as standard, enabling easy information exchange for core financial, HR and payroll requirements. Delivered as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), today's technology also reduces capital expenditure and simplifies the IT implementation and management procedures associated with traditional on-premise infrastructures.
Focus on these six areas, do them well to create a future-proof scheduling and resource management framework that keeps everything ship-shape. To find out more or to download Dynama's latest White Paper entitled "Scheduling and Resource Management for Cruise Lines" visit www.dynama.global.
Lower Woodend Barns Fawley Henley-on-Thames OXON
+44 1491 845553
Latest on S For Story
- Sim Chan,'financial superwoman', trusted financial adviser and wealth coach to feature in:
- Memorial Vigil set for NYPD Det Brian Simonsen 102 PCT killed in the line of duty, of his performance, robbery gone bad
- A "Couple of White Chicks at the Hairdresser" to be featured on Sofy.TV
- Anna Huckabee follows up her novel, Talents, with a delightfully engrossing tale in Door of Hope
- Anaiah Press announces release of The Truth about Romantic Comedies by Sean C. McMurray
- Long-term results with the Tat vaccine point to a new approach for a functional cure of HIV
- Lenders Club Plans For More Flexible Deals on Short Term Loans for Students
- Christian Author Pastor Cynthia Diggs set to Release New Book
- California Doctor Robert Blackman Releases His New Book That Skillfully Blends Satire, Sci-Fi, Fantasy And Socio-Political Commentary
- Minister & Author Dr. Claudette Morgan-Scott Embarks on International Speaking Tour and Book Launch
- Origami in the Garden, A Traveling Exhibition Unfolding in Three Garden Locations in 2019
- Diane & The Deductibles Open For The Legendary Fabulous Thunderbirds at The Canyon Club in Agoura Hills on February 23rd!
- Entrepreneur Reveals Secret Formula to Making Millions
- Powerful woman's story of domestic abuse, suicide attempts, mental breakdown and recovery
- Salem, Oregon Author to Release Second Novel
- HWA Announces 2019 Summer Scares Reading List
- The Muse Process: Techniques to Help Women Harness Innate Feminine Power
- Michael Forde, Motivational Speaker, Author, Entrepreneur Now Booking
- Your Lore: The Custom Website Experience Changing How We Read
- Exposure Magazine is "Changing the Narrative," in response to Gucci