Popular on s4story
- Sun Toyota partners with GEICO® and the National Auto Body Council (NABC) to donate a vehicle to Starting Right, Now, a Tampa nonprofit 122
- SEC's New Disclosure Framework, ERISA and Tax Developments, Current Updates from SEC and FINRA Staff, and More at the ALI CLE Life Insurance P
- Technicolor's Brian Jentz Explains How High-End CPE Can Help NSPs Gain a Competitive Edge and Drive Margins as Consumption Models Evolve
- Color This Month Pink! With DJ Prince Hakim, Son of Kool of Kool and The Gang
- Fossil Mountain Publishing Announces that 2018 is the Year of The Nutcracker
- Author Michael Gryboski Releases His Book, Carla
- Living As One Streams 2018 Global Leadership Summit to Churches and Corporations With HEVC
- Worlds first pet watering system that is self-filling and self-draining, Perpetual Well officially launched its crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter
- NC State University's New Technologies Expo 2018: October 11th from 9am-5pm
- Accenture, Linklaters, 02, Clifford Chance and Standard Bank to discuss the different strategies for developing the next generation of female leaders
The book, The 55 Soft Skills that Guide Employee and Organizational Success, is an outgrowth of the authors' extensive research into soft skills, those hard-to-teach skills that are better developed through experience and mentoring. Soft skills are developed through interacting with other people and include written and oral communication, emotional/social intelligence, good listening, being able to delegate effectively, leading change and teamwork.
"Companies can improve their results and boost employee satisfaction when they focus more on soft skills," Porterfield said. "This book is designed to improve people's understanding of those soft skills and their application. in the workplace."
More on s4story
- Award-Winning Author Releases Virginia Beach Alien Contact Sequel
- Award-Winning Georgian Author Releases Alien Contact Sequel
- The Lashe Announces Backbar on Eyelash Extension Trays
- A MUST SEE- Kuana Torres Kahele Band Live In Concert!
- Meet Hughes Systique at the SCTE-ISBE Cable-Tec Expo 2018
- Austin Macauley Will Make Its Way to Mexico for the Guadalajara International Book Fair
- New Product Release - Velnox Tarsier, your headlamp alternative
The authors developed the list of 55 soft skills after reviewing hundreds of articles in academic journals.
"People may have heard about soft skills, but very few, based on our discussions, can list more than one or two of them," Graham said. "By cataloging each of them and explaining how they might be used in the workplace, we hope to expand the use of soft skills even further."
The ebook costs $4.99 and can be downloaded at http://serioussoftskills.com/55book.
"Most businesses continue to focus on technical skills and expertise," Porterfield said, "but paying more attention to soft skills will enable employees and organizations put those technical skills to work to achieve greater innovation and growth."
Technical skills are the tangible aptitudes, competencies and expertise like preparing a spreadsheet, using a mathematical formula or basic grammar and spelling that tend to be the focus of all formal instruction.
More on s4story
- Prolific Press Has Published Pixelated Tears by Kaecey McCormick
- Austin Macauley's Exciting Return to the Sharjah International Book Fair
- Launch of Groundbreaking Study on Finance and Utility Professionals in California
- Book #1 of the Diem Trilogy Released
- Bookady.com Offers Instant Royalties For Indie Authors and Musicians
- Ponos Industries LLC Extends Tender Offer for up to 14,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of AT&T Inc
- America 2030 Capital LLC is Pleased to Announce a Deferred Interest Stock Loan Program. Loans with No-Interest Due
The 55 soft skills book is the latest effort of Serious Soft Skills LLC, a Towson, Md.-based company Porterfield and Graham launched in June 2016. In addition to the book, they co-host a weekly podcast, Serious Soft Skills, designed to help employees, team leaders and employers unleash the power of soft skills to advance their careers and organizational growth. Each episode of 15-20 minutes explores a specific soft skill or soft skill situation, using examples, anecdotes, research and interviews various aspects of the 55 soft skills. The Serious Soft Skills Podcast is available on iTunes and Google Play.
Porterfield and Graham, who each teach at Baltimore-area universities, have been studying soft skills for the last five years.
Serious Soft Skills LLC
303 W. Allegheny Ave.
Latest on s4story
- Consumer51 acquires SantaFe-Seo.com, expands SEO operations in New Mexico
- Telemedicine Innovator — Carie Health — Offering Free Medical Assistance to Those Affected by Hurricane Michael
- Dr. Dorothy Guy Bonvillain's Book, "LOVING YOUR LIFE: 7 STEPS FOR MILITARY WIVES" selected TOP 10 Finalist for Global Award
- Revisit the infamous 80's Melrose boutique NEO80 at Radiant Space
- DOC-TAGS - Contextual, Accurate, Automatic Document Tagging
- RACHEL WINTER & JAINA LEE ORTIZ To Receive Awards at 14TH Annual LA Femme International Film Festival Awards Gala www.LAFEMME.org
- DeRonja Real Estate Hires Meredith Bell
- Meet LumenData at Informatica World Tour 2018 in Chicago, IL
- Author James Taylor Releases His Newest Science Fiction Thriller
- Evolve IP Recognized as Global Leader for Strategic Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) by Frost and Sullivan
- Scandal, Plague and Plots Against The Crown All Take Place In "The King's Favorite" by John Vance
- Jeron's Noti-Fi Routes Nurse Call Alerts Directly to Caregiver's Smartphone
- Digital Media Solutions Names Ben Porch Chief Technology Officer
- GlassBridge Asset Management today announced the publication of their new research paper: "Is Your Portfolio Q-Less?"
- Airbus will be joining SMi's 4th Annual Airborne ISR conference in London in 2 weeks
- Deon Cole of 'Black-ish' presents…I AM WILLA, a one-woman show written and performed by Nefetari Spencer
- DFW Auto Show Fort Worth Revs Up with Exciting New Website
- Business-bøger på Bogforum 2018
- EnterWorks Hosts Webinar: "Four Keys to Unlocking Content Quality"
- Paintings Providing a Clue About Your Personality Discussed at North Port Library