Popular on s4story
- KITABOO AR, an Augmented Reality Platform to Convert Traditional Books into Interactive eBooks
- The Publishing World's New Power Couple
- Intugo Announces a Major Expansion, in Ciudad Obregón. A New Operation, 400+ New jobs
- New book releasing soon: The Left-Handed Warrior by Jamie Jones
- Vikram Kalkat &Reto Gruenenfelder's book 'Digital Spine'
- Western Steamroller M. Allen Rolls Towards The Top With Hot Western Series
- Harvey Havel Announces Release of Mister Big
- The future of voice - a six step survival guide for contact centers, from Teleopti
- Sang Kromah's 'DJINN' Available for Pre-Order
- Purview Life Announces Two New Franchise Locations To Provide Lifecare Management Services to Aging and Special Needs Population
The book, The 55 Soft Skills that Guide Employee and Organizational Success, is an outgrowth of the authors' extensive research into soft skills, those hard-to-teach skills that are better developed through experience and mentoring. Soft skills are developed through interacting with other people and include written and oral communication, emotional/social intelligence, good listening, being able to delegate effectively, leading change and teamwork.
"Companies can improve their results and boost employee satisfaction when they focus more on soft skills," Porterfield said. "This book is designed to improve people's understanding of those soft skills and their application. in the workplace."
More on s4story
- Technique Roofing Systems Certified as Wasco Skylights Commercial Installer
- 'America's Book Lover' Patzi Gil Celebrates her Show's 3rd Anniversary by Joining 1100-KFNX
- Dealer Teamwork Announces Partnership with AutoAlert
- The Workplace Writer's Process Named 2017 Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- American Council on Science and Health calls on citizens to stand up to trial lawyers
- Therapeutic Coloring Book Debuts for Cancer Control Month
- Tracha Delivers Best-In-Class for the Consumer and Home Goods B2B Marketplace
The authors developed the list of 55 soft skills after reviewing hundreds of articles in academic journals.
"People may have heard about soft skills, but very few, based on our discussions, can list more than one or two of them," Graham said. "By cataloging each of them and explaining how they might be used in the workplace, we hope to expand the use of soft skills even further."
The ebook costs $4.99 and can be downloaded at http://serioussoftskills.com/55book.
"Most businesses continue to focus on technical skills and expertise," Porterfield said, "but paying more attention to soft skills will enable employees and organizations put those technical skills to work to achieve greater innovation and growth."
Technical skills are the tangible aptitudes, competencies and expertise like preparing a spreadsheet, using a mathematical formula or basic grammar and spelling that tend to be the focus of all formal instruction.
More on s4story
- Prints Publications – One of the Most Trusted Partners for Sourcing Indian Publications
- TOKYOPOP® Founder Stu Levy To Speak At Multiple International Events
- Beacon Publishing Group Releases "Songs To New York" By Author Myrtle Brooks In Audiobook Format
- Klamath Falls Subaru Honored With Subaru "Love Promise Award" in Recognition of Outstanding Community Commitment
- Keystone Symposia and Volkswagen Foundation Begin Scientific Conference Series in Hannover, Germany
- ENERI Access Series Presents:"Tatsu at Zhou B Art Center/The Miyumi Project/Reduction Ensemble" Concert/CD Release Party at Zhou B Art Center 4/20/18
- This Boston Start-Up Claims to Be Making The Healthiest Cookware, Customers Agree!
The 55 soft skills book is the latest effort of Serious Soft Skills LLC, a Towson, Md.-based company Porterfield and Graham launched in June 2016. In addition to the book, they co-host a weekly podcast, Serious Soft Skills, designed to help employees, team leaders and employers unleash the power of soft skills to advance their careers and organizational growth. Each episode of 15-20 minutes explores a specific soft skill or soft skill situation, using examples, anecdotes, research and interviews various aspects of the 55 soft skills. The Serious Soft Skills Podcast is available on iTunes and Google Play.
Porterfield and Graham, who each teach at Baltimore-area universities, have been studying soft skills for the last five years.
Serious Soft Skills LLC
303 W. Allegheny Ave.
Latest on s4story
- Atari Gaming Board Member Zyngier joins LDJ Capital Crypto Restructuring Group
- GrooveCar's Indirect Auto Lending Increased by 36% in 2017
- Google's Crypto Ad Ban Triggers Game-Changing ICO
- Author Pens Gripping, Timely Tale of Survival in Nazi-Occupied Greece
- A story of intervention, rescue, and redemption
- 'Dr. Coz & The Empowered Pups' YouTube Show Debuts on 'National Puppy Day'
- Avid PUBG Player Attacked by Girlfriend Miraculously Survived Thanks to Martial Arts Movie | Playerauctions News
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd Today announce it is to start car rental operation on the island of Dominica
- CanadaByLaw – The Leading Canadian Immigration Firm Based in Toronto, Ontario see a tremendous increase in Canadian Visa Applications in 2018
- Bonnie-Jill Laflin's The Weekly Pass Guest Michael Irvin Dishes on Dez Bryant
- Cultural Vistas to Expand NYC Presence with New Headquarters in Historic Woolworth Building
- Kids' STEM Book Debuts With Raving Endorsements - Horoscopes: Reality or Trickery?
- Award-winning Comedian to Perform in Houston on April 6
- Emvironmental Systems Specializes in Oil Tank Removal & Remediation of NJ Foreclosure Properties !
- CarePICS awarded Digital Wound Management System agreement with Premier
- Coldwell Banker Hearthside Recognizes 2017 Local And National Award-Winning Agents
- Grammy Award nominee Jory Vinikour headlines Thiel College Con Spirito Series
- Lithium Motor Car Co announces their new hybrid tumtumcar
- Literary artists invited to enter sanctioned show at San Mateo County Fair
- 'Darcy' to make NY premiere at Awards Closing Night of SR Socially Relevant™ Film Festival NY 2018