Popular on s4story
- Holiday Gift for Instant Arrival - Kindle Version of a New Novel About Hollywood
- Free door access control software for leading controller brands
- "Sugar Plum" by R. Railton is published
- ays very fast than other brows
- IMPRESS 1600mg for Men Celebrates 1st Anniversary With $1000 Contest and Free Trial Offer
- "Escape From Solomon's Church" is a Life-Transforming Journey into the Heart of God
- New Novel Teaches Timeless Lessons
- Beacon Publishing Group Releases "At Death's Door: End of Life Stories from the Bedside" Audiobook
- DMS Rebrands Sparkroom Agency Into Digital Agency Division and Names Rachel Schulties Executive Vice President of Agency Services
- New Release! The Murder of Secretary Judd Cane is now available from Dreaming Big Publications!
The book, The 55 Soft Skills that Guide Employee and Organizational Success, is an outgrowth of the authors' extensive research into soft skills, those hard-to-teach skills that are better developed through experience and mentoring. Soft skills are developed through interacting with other people and include written and oral communication, emotional/social intelligence, good listening, being able to delegate effectively, leading change and teamwork.
"Companies can improve their results and boost employee satisfaction when they focus more on soft skills," Porterfield said. "This book is designed to improve people's understanding of those soft skills and their application. in the workplace."
More on s4story
- Klorane Botanical Foundation + KidsGardening.org Launch Budding Botanist Grant
- Richard W. Hudson Joins DeRonja Real Estate
- New Read-Aloud Story App Challenges Fears that Cell Phones Make Parents Less Connected to Child
- TLC Commissioner Joshi Announces City-wide Expansion Of NYC TLC Accessible Dispatch Program
- Pet Professional Accreditation Board announces move to allow credential transfer
- Golden Software Releases Grapher 2D and 3D Graphing and Analysis Software
- A Back-in-Time Gourmet Trip to Nikko and Yunishigawa Onsen in Tochigi Prefecture, Japan
The authors developed the list of 55 soft skills after reviewing hundreds of articles in academic journals.
"People may have heard about soft skills, but very few, based on our discussions, can list more than one or two of them," Graham said. "By cataloging each of them and explaining how they might be used in the workplace, we hope to expand the use of soft skills even further."
The ebook costs $4.99 and can be downloaded at http://serioussoftskills.com/55book.
"Most businesses continue to focus on technical skills and expertise," Porterfield said, "but paying more attention to soft skills will enable employees and organizations put those technical skills to work to achieve greater innovation and growth."
Technical skills are the tangible aptitudes, competencies and expertise like preparing a spreadsheet, using a mathematical formula or basic grammar and spelling that tend to be the focus of all formal instruction.
More on s4story
- The National Widowers' Organization
- DOT Drug Testing Compliance Addresses New Rules for 2018
- A Clean Mouth Is the Gateway to a Clean Body
- Justin Bieber Remix songsterFalls Victim to Nude Photo Scandal
- Lindal Group, Global Aerosol Technology Leader, Launches New BOV Application Laboratory
- ISO Certification Affirms MECA Solutions' Quality Management System
- Armour Mobile boasts a raft of new features in latest version including in-call switching between
The 55 soft skills book is the latest effort of Serious Soft Skills LLC, a Towson, Md.-based company Porterfield and Graham launched in June 2016. In addition to the book, they co-host a weekly podcast, Serious Soft Skills, designed to help employees, team leaders and employers unleash the power of soft skills to advance their careers and organizational growth. Each episode of 15-20 minutes explores a specific soft skill or soft skill situation, using examples, anecdotes, research and interviews various aspects of the 55 soft skills. The Serious Soft Skills Podcast is available on iTunes and Google Play.
Porterfield and Graham, who each teach at Baltimore-area universities, have been studying soft skills for the last five years.
Serious Soft Skills LLC
303 W. Allegheny Ave.
Latest on s4story
- Barnes & Noble to Host Book Signing for Arkansas Beer: An Intoxicating History
- OEC is Named as one of the Top 10 Open Course Education Websites of 2018
- Jetcoin Announces New Champion Leveraging Blockchain to Launch Supermodel Career
- Dr. Iyabo Ojikutu Advocates Simple Steps to Inner Peace in Debut Book "Permanent Happiness"
- Ainstein Introduces 79 GHz Automotive Short Range Radar T-79
- Impact of Meltdown and Spectre Vulnerabilities on HPC
- Global Best Practice in Private Equity Investing
- New Book, 'Value Investing in Asia,' Offers Comprehensive Guide to Investing in Asian Stock Markets
- Downtown Edmonton On The Move... Upward
- Custom Swimwear, featuring your pet!
- A man for me, real love for who, me? The Author we have been waiting for!
- BeYAH Fitness Brings You An Opportunity! Medium: Top 10 Foods For A Healthier Heart & Great Body
- Beacon Publishing Group Releases "Terror In The Mist" By Author C.G. Mosley In Audiobook Format
- Hughes Systique and Hughes Network Systems launch industry leading WiFi Analytics Solution at NRF Big Show
- The Fox of Cordovia - Rebels, Adventure, and Mystery
- The Highwayman of Cordovia - A Continuing Fight for Freedom
- Chantilly, VA Allstate Insurance Agent Supports Local Non-Profits
- A Love Story and the Fight for Freedom: The Rebels of Cordovia
- Online Copy Guru, LLC Announces New Ghostwriting Services
- Why Plotagraph Manages To Disrupt Visual Marketing