Popular on s4story
- TV Show: THE JUSTICE COURT Reality TV Show Features Real-life Cases and Sound Legal Edutainment 119
- TheYearOfMyLifeVR.com YEAR 2 is Looking for Personal Stories Related to Racial Inequality
- Racial Slurs In Literature Spark Controversy
- "The Irregular Inquests of Professor Peppercorn" hits Amazon shelves
- Do Black Lives Matter in the Federal Government? Plaintiff, Mary Pitt Contends
- Short Story Collection Finds the Extraordinary Amongst the Seemingly Ordinary Lives of Women
- Nonprofit builds online mask marketplace powered by local makers, with creative unique masks in time for Fathers day and 4th of July
- ONE CITY ONE TEAM, LLC Kickstarter campaign launched for feature film, docu-series on Carson, CA championship Football athletics
- Bruce Goldwell's Law of Attraction Scripting Book Offer
- Miniature Doll: Create Miniature Figure Gift for the Loved One
S For Story/10425616
FAFF will feature profiles of renowned artists including Marcel Duchamp, Salvador Dali, or assemblage artists Jesse Lott and Lonnie Holley and most importantly, artists forgotten and newly discovered. Whether it's Myriah Marquez, adapting to life in a van in Venice Beach, the last elderly worshipper at a 1,000 year old mosque in Saudi Arabia, or a DJ named Mekon who fled Nigeria to Lybia, and then fled to Malta to survive, these films tells stories of comedy, tragedy, famous and infamous art, music, dance, and performance world figures will be presented in this not-to-be-missed seven-day online event. Live Q&A's with filmmakers and artists will begin soon and be broadcast during the festival.
Ticketing information is available on the ViCA website. Eight curated series of films (running an average of 6 hours each) are being offered at $10 per series. A festival pass for all films will be available for just $20.
The festival is dedicated to presenting the finest new films about art in the western capital of the art world – and now globally – to highlight the world art community. The films — narratives, documentaries, experimental, and hybrid genres — tell stories about how art is made, how artists survive, how they think and work, and what makes creativity our most important skill, and our best hope for mankind.
More on S For Story
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- Archaeology, Israel, and Relationships Featured in Olga Sushinsky's Debut Novel FINDING MYSELF
- Civilized Demons and Hell Featured in Jon David's Debut Novel THE SAVAGE PEAK
"Considering the world situation, the fact that we received so many more submissions this year, and are able to select so many more films is very gratifying," says Juri Koll, Founder and Director of ViCA, which produces the festival as part of its ongoing exhibition programs. Koll adds, "We've had to pivot quickly to get this online with permission from all the filmmakers. We are very proud to be screening many great and never-before-seen films from fine filmmakers from around the world - and half of them are women. We didn't set out to achieve this, it's just a wonderful new reality these past 2 Festivals. Films about art and creativity are a labor of love, and the film and art worlds have always intertwined. It's easily forgotten how much blood, sweat, and tears go into the work we do. We expect this festival will amaze audiences with intelligent, cutting edge, eloquent, passionate, and incredibly engaging films."
The FAFF 2020 Awards Ceremony will be presented online on Saturday, June 13. at 8pm PT.
The Official Selections of the VR section of FAFF 2020 will be announced shortly. The VR 360 films will go online on Vimeo June 22, with awards being announced on June 27.
All Official Selections of FAFF past and present will be offered a distribution deal through the ViCAFilms/Big Pieces Company partnership.
"We're excited about the opportunity to work with FAFF, ViCA Films and the filmmakers to help share their films worldwide," said Jim Quan, Head of Sales and Marketing, The Big Pieces Company. "Over the course of its seven-year run, FAFF has done a fantastic job of assembling a wonderful collection of creative art films, all compelling works of art in their own right."
More on S For Story
- Garage Door Repair Austin TX Announces Its Top 4 Main Garage Door Services
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- News: Garage Door Repair Austin TX Updates Its Garage Door Repair Service with New Technology
- New Book Series by Bat Maxwell
The first Q&A with filmmakers will be held June 4 at 11am. Details here.
Sponsors past and present include Blick Art Materials, Beyond Baroque, 4 Brothers Wine Co., Flake, the Estonian American Business Alliance, and many others.
The Venice Institute of Contemporary Art (ViCA) is an arts organization devoted to identifying, protecting and sustaining the unique stories, history and culture of one of the most important centers of American independent artistic expression. Through its exhibitions, events, research facilities, and education curriculum, ViCA celebrates the world of art internationally, and most importantly the art and culture of Venice Beach/Southern California. Our founding in 2011 marks an ongoing commitment to our community - to present the art world from the perspective of it's artists, writers, curators, collectors, and the art viewing public.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS: #FAFF2020
Instagram: @veniceica @fineartsfilmfestival
Venice Institute of Contemporary Art
Filed Under: Entertainment
Latest on S For Story
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- The iMediaflow® Creative Content Hub Proven to be the Best Tool for "Social Media Managers"
- Intermountain Healthcare Implements DeepThink Health's Precision Intelligence Solutions to Manage its Molecular Tumor Board
- Cure SMA Urges Remaining States to Expedite Adoption of Newborn Screening for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Could this be the next Nike? Dionies Sportswear Looks to Crowdfunding for an Impressive Kickstart
- PowerOptions Expands Partnership with Solect Energy Through Large-Scale Solar and Storage Program
- Bay Area Health Provider Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Medication Cost for Patients
- Products On The Go is creating the most natural and nourishing products in the country
- Mahmood Khan and Willoughby Symphony crack the Billboard Charts
- NACCE Announces Multi-Year Partnership with the Philip E. and Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation
- Pandemics and Forecasting: Seeing the Way Forward via the Taleb/Ioannidis Debate
- IPD announces special partnership with Maxiforce to expand product reach for its customers
- Therese Tappouni's Latest Book is Historical Coming-of-Age Adventure Set in Turbulent Times
- Mobile Application Development Company In Gurgaon
- News: Weedways's price-comparison tool helps you buy top-quality cannabis at a low price
- Overcoming Covid-19 Challenges: Alexander James Rodriguez Releases 'My Crew'
- "A Treasure Hunt within a Thriller" Vegas Die coming September 15. Pre Order Now
- Anritsu Partners with COMINT Consulting to Add Signals Intelligence Capability to Field Master Pro™ MS2090A RTSA
- Black Veteran Entrepreneur and Cannavist Johann Balbuena To Release New Book Warning White Cannabis Industry: "Your Time Is Up"