Popular on s4story
- Kansas City Author Top Ten Global Finalist Second Year in a Row
- Horror Writers Association Announces Diversity Grant Program
- New 'Spirited' Book Gives Teens A Sense of Adventure During Pandemic
- American Fiction Award honors Family Saga
- Is the sacrifice of one man, and his family, justified in order to save humanity?
- Tiffany Reisz Returns to USA Today Bestselling Godwicks Romance Series with 'The Pearl'
- The Love of Acting, New Interview Series About Acting, Launches on YouTube
- Author Bryson Thompson releases "How Angels Are Made", a children's book about loss and healing
- Arrow Organics Commits to Science Based Full Spectrum Blends By Partnering with Ivy League Scientist
- SIMCO Mining Targets South American Resources Sector
S For Story/10399112
GM Books works closely with both first-time as well as experienced authors and provides the support in turning manuscripts into books, avoiding the rejection letters and delays from major publishers. By working with GM Books, the author becomes a participant in the publishing process in which small quantity press runs are treated with the same attention as large quantities. The author is given three choices of compensation, Collaborative giving the author a 50% royalty; Hybrid at 30% and traditional publishing with a 10% royalty.
Anita and William Dorich formed GMbooks.com when their independent publishing company was a cottage industry. In the early 1990's, GM was the first publisher of eBooks on CD Disks in California with 9 digital camera eBooks by author Peter iNova. Two of them were best-sellers. In 2008, GM was first to publish a "press & play" children's book, This Bible Talks by Pamela Fisher. GMBooks introduced "open-flat" perfect bound books to the California market with The Road Atlas by Richard Saul Wurman. GM then went on to produced 48 city guide titles with Richard Wurman under his Access Press trademark.
More on S For Story
- Mysterious Author Finally Reveals His TRUE Identity
- The Black Women's Roundtable "Take It To The Top Entrepreneurship Challenge" for Black Women & Girls
- Mango Animate Unveils an Animation Maker for Everyone
- Caribbean Humor Novel Returns Readers To The Quirky Side Of Paradise
- New from All Due Respect: BLOOD BY CHOICE by Rob Pierce
GM's innovative approach to first-time authors and the concept of Collaborative and Hybrid Publishing has a proud history of over 900 titles including: Witness to War: Images of the Persian Gulf War which won a Pulitzer prize for The Los Angeles Times. Media Cleansing: Dirty Reporting on the Bosnian Civil War by award winning journalist Peter Brock, Nuclear Lies, Deceptions and Hypocrisies by Nuclear Scientist, Mehdi Sarram, published in 2015, three weeks before President Obama signed the Nuclear Agreement with Iran.
Noteworthy titles include: The 1984 Los Angeles Summer Games for ARCO, The Calgary Winter Games for ABC Sports; The Barcelona Summer Games for Simon & Schuster, Understanding Money and Markets for the Wall Street Journal, and Investing in the 90's for Fortune Magazine—all Best-Sellers.
Filed Under: Books
Latest on S For Story
- Tiny Tots and Tikes Brings Inspiration to Black and Brown Children Everywhere By Launching Wall Decals That Look Like Them
- Dr. Aura Imbarus Announces the Release of Conversations with the Past
- History Makes a Comeback for Avanti Press, Inc
- Emerald Escapes Receives the 2020 Best of Spring Texas Award
- "A Cyborg's Progress." This month's feature at HeartOfEarthSciFi.Com
- DeskProto® releases free CAM software for Linux
- SHELBY TWP Resident, DANIELLE BERNOCK's Book, "BECAUSE YOU MATTER," Top 10 Finalist for Global Award
- Evolve IP Integrates Business Messaging Into Microsoft Teams; Enhances Microsoft's Direct Routing Solution
- BeBop Sensors & Talon Simulations Awarded Epic MegaGrant to develop a haptic glove-driven, full-motion VR trainer built for the Unreal Engine
- "Dolly Doughnut" by Jenny Anne is published by Grosvenor House
- Eric Rudnick MD FAAD Returns to Boca Raton Hometown to Open Dazzling Dermatology
- Freight Right partners with Chain.io to bring real time shipment visibility to FreightOs customers
- "Tumbleweed Children" by Sharon Watters is published by Grosvenor House Publishing
- Helena auditioned for Atlantic Records left everyone mesmerized, she is the real deal a rare combination of beauty and talent -Leon Youngblood SR
- American Cannabis Company-Helping you create a profitable business
- Sohum Living Soils- The best soil for your growing needs
- COVID Survivor and Emmy Nominee Launches Mask & T-shirt Line for Mental Health
- Rare Video as Couple Flees Oregon Fires
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Adds New Sections and Promotes Three to VP
- Veteran-Owned Publishing Firm Begins PREORDER Sales of NEW Groundbreaking Marketing Guidebook for Transitioning Military Members, Spouses & Veterans