Popular on s4story
- TV Show: THE JUSTICE COURT Reality TV Show Features Real-life Cases and Sound Legal Edutainment 127
- TheYearOfMyLifeVR.com YEAR 2 is Looking for Personal Stories Related to Racial Inequality
- "The Irregular Inquests of Professor Peppercorn" hits Amazon shelves
- Do Black Lives Matter in the Federal Government? Plaintiff, Mary Pitt Contends
- Bruce Goldwell's Law of Attraction Scripting Book Offer
- Nonprofit builds online mask marketplace powered by local makers, with creative unique masks in time for Fathers day and 4th of July
- Miniature Doll: Create Miniature Figure Gift for the Loved One
- ONE CITY ONE TEAM, LLC Kickstarter campaign launched for feature film, docu-series on Carson, CA championship Football athletics
- The Trebors is an Epic Beginning to the Trebor Tales Series and a Perfect Fit for Today's Youth
- Author Claudiu Murgan pledges an interesting experience to members of his Patreon account
S For Story/10428646
Ezekiel "Zeke" Wilson was the seventh of eighth children raised by a single mom, and so Zeke learned at a very young age that hard work and perseverance were two of the most important qualities needed to move forward in life.
Zeke played football for St. Helena Junior High School and Beaufort High School, and though he was proficient in the sport, he wanted more. He remembered watching a TV sports telecast, showing Joe Frasier about to fight Muhammad Ali at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Something then clicked for Zeke and instantly took an interest in boxing.
So he got to work. The next day he chopped down three trees for posts, dragged them home, set two in the ground and then tied the third across the top. Hanging from the top was a pair of old jeans filled with sand, and thus he created his homemade punching bag.
One day, a man saw Zeke jogging home from work. He stopped Zeke and asked him, "Zeke, what are you doing?" Zeke answered, "Just working out." The man soon became Zeke's first boxing manager.
After practicing and honing his skills, at 16 years old Zeke Wilson took on his first true opponent in a boxing match in Savannah, GA at the National Guard Armory. Zeke was matched with Golden Glove and State Boxing Champion. The night before the match, Zeke asked his momma, "What if I lose?" She encouraged him, saying, "As long as you do your best, you can't lose, God will give you what you need."
More on S For Story
- Influencer Marketing: Shoutout Asia empowers fans to banter with their favourite celebs
- Romance Blossoms in Quarantine: Julie Kavanagh's "Love in Isolation"
- Author's new book earns literary accolade
- Velocity Press to publish history of the "Beat Scene"
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
When the time to fight came, Zeke knocked out his opponent in the first 10 seconds of the first round.
After graduating high school, Zeke moved to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He lived with his sister Frenisee, his Uncle Rufus and Aunt Jenna. Zeke was able to make it onto the Joe Frazier boxing team and spent time as his sparring partner.
Wilson's book, The Eighth Round, is a true story based his life and the legal battle, which became known as Wilson V. McClure, that became the federal precedent for all legal findings of same race discrimination.
Under the Civil Rights Act of 1964 of the United States, it is illegal to discriminate against a person or persons because of the color of their skin, their national origin, or racial composition.
The story involves a common man who found himself faced with racial discrimination, specfically same race discrimination. It tells of his struggle and triumph, involving important and timely social issues raised through the misuse of authority by both black and white government officials.
Though these events happened years ago, they are very relevant today. The Eighth Round is the perfect book to read in this day and time as the fight for civil rights continues on. Order The Eighth Round and experience it for yourself!
Order The Eighth Round Book Today at www.theeighthroundstar.com and receive a signed copy along with an autographed picture from the author!
More on S For Story
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- Archaeology, Israel, and Relationships Featured in Olga Sushinsky's Debut Novel FINDING MYSELF
- Civilized Demons and Hell Featured in Jon David's Debut Novel THE SAVAGE PEAK
Zeke Wilson's True Life Story!
Zeke Wilson, Same Race Productions
See Zeke Wilson on WTOC 11: https://www.wtoc.com/2020/06/16/retired-savannah-boxer-wins-legal-fight/
The Logan Power Show: (1:25-12:50)
Gullah Geechee Nation:
Latest on S For Story
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- Halle Berry Bails on Transgender Movie Role Following Backlash
- NEW LIFESTYLE AND NEWS CHANNELS TO THE MIDDLE EAST - SRM
- News:Health Products for a Complete Diet to Stay Fit During the Pandemic Now Available Online
- Finance: Investing in Nifty50 Safely through Index Long Term Strategy By Trusted Investment Advisor
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- The iMediaflow® Creative Content Hub Proven to be the Best Tool for "Social Media Managers"
- Intermountain Healthcare Implements DeepThink Health's Precision Intelligence Solutions to Manage its Molecular Tumor Board
- Cure SMA Urges Remaining States to Expedite Adoption of Newborn Screening for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Could this be the next Nike? Dionies Sportswear Looks to Crowdfunding for an Impressive Kickstart
- PowerOptions Expands Partnership with Solect Energy Through Large-Scale Solar and Storage Program
- Bay Area Health Provider Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Medication Cost for Patients
- Products On The Go is creating the most natural and nourishing products in the country
- Mahmood Khan and Willoughby Symphony crack the Billboard Charts
- NACCE Announces Multi-Year Partnership with the Philip E. and Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation
- Pandemics and Forecasting: Seeing the Way Forward via the Taleb/Ioannidis Debate
- IPD announces special partnership with Maxiforce to expand product reach for its customers
- Therese Tappouni's Latest Book is Historical Coming-of-Age Adventure Set in Turbulent Times
- Mobile Application Development Company In Gurgaon