Popular on s4story
- What is a Moisture Analyzers and how does it work?
- Black Dog Gaming and Advrtas Announce Esports & Gaming Partnership
- What are Moisture Balance Analyzer and How do They Work?
- Beizhan Liu's New Book "Unified Economics" Chinese Edition Published [2019-12-26]
- Frances Osgood Complete Short Stories Book Published
- Rachel Anne Cox Signs Her Popular Dystopian Novel A Light From The Ashes At Barnes & Noble In Layton, Utah
- Pathway to the Stars: Part 2, Eliza Williams - Audiobook Available Now
- LEADING BRANDS IRAQ 2019 Award Ceremony held at Rotana Hotel Erbil, December 2019
- Former NBA Player CJ Watson & Author of "CJ's Big Dream" MLK Weekend Book Signing
- US Army Veteran Dove Bennett Goes from Homeless To CEO in Less Than a Year
S For Story/10405964
The Rare Posters Auction will be held live in PAI's gallery at 26 West 17th Street in New York and online at posterauctions.com. The auction will begin promptly at 11am EST.
Jack Rennert, president of Poster Auctions International, Inc., said, "These images are vital expressions of the concerns, delights, interests, and cultural trends of a particular place and time. The posters in this auction cover the years 1865 to 1968, with estimates ranging from $600 to $90,000—there is truly something for everyone."
For Black History Month, the auction will begin with 41 black images, many of which are from the Keith Williams collection. Ranging from pejorative to luminous, they reveal the severity of racism in early advertising as well as the later celebration of black icons including Josephine Baker. Notable lots include Paul Colin's reverential portrait of the French-Algerian actor Habib Benglia in his 1928 Benglia (est. $3,000-$4,000) and a touching World War I recruitment ad, Colored Man is No Slacker (est. $800-$1,000).
30 more World War I posters are featured: mostly American designs, and all powerful. Of particular note are Christy's Gee!! I Wish I Were a Man (est. $1,400-$1,700) and several works by Flagg, including Wake Up, America! (est. $6,000-$8,000) and I Want You for U.S. Army (est. $5,000-$6,000).
More on S For Story
- Viscosity North America Welcomes Two More From the Oracle ACE Program: Gary Gordhamer & Sean Scott
- BTI Completes OSHA 10 Training
- Vulcan Boot Camp Receives 2019 Savannah Award
- Golf Gum® and the Liquid Core® Delivery System, Capable of Fueling Better Scores, Announce Debut of SPACE STATION® Distribution Device at PGA Show
- MobilDrTech, Inc. enhances their medical product line with Acumentrics' Pack-Power™ System
Decades later, America experienced the rock 'n' roll revolution and a new wave of poster design. Experimental imagery broadened possibilities, such as Tom Wilkes' Monterey Pop Festival (est. $4,000-$5,000), Rick Griffin's The Doors ("Pay Attention") (est. $1,200-$1,500), and Randy Tuten's Jefferson Airplane / Quicksilver Messenger / Santana ("Winterland") (est. $2,000-$2,500)—all in mint condition.
As always, transport posters for bicycles, aviation, and automobiles are featured. Highlights include the ethereal Cycles Gladiator by an unknown artist (est. $25,000-$30,000), Penfield's charming Orient Cycles (est. $8,000-$10,000), Mazza's impressive Milano Circuito Aereo Internazionale (est. $14,000-$17,000), and Philibert's rare and magical Claire de Lune / Michelin (est. $4,000-$5,000).
For collectors of Art Nouveau, treasures abound. Bonnard's ebullient France-Champagne continues to delight (est. $20,000-$25,000); Bouisset's maquette for Chocolat Menier / "Rialta" shows another charming take on the wall-writing girl (est. $12,000-$15,000); 18 works from Chéret dazzle, including his two-sheet Palais de Glace (est. $6,000-$7,000) and Folies-Bergère / Loïe Fuller (est. $5,000-$6,000); and Orazi harkens grandeur with Théâtre de Loïe Fuller (est. $20,000-$25,000).
Of course, Alphonse Mucha continues to reign supreme with 30 lush Art Nouveau designs. Notable quartets include the large-format 1896 Seasons (est. $40,000-$50,000) and his illustrious Precious Stones (est. $70,000-$90,000). His most iconic works will also be available: La Dame aux Camelias (est. $30,000-$35,000), both designs for Job (1898 est. $7,000-$9,000; 1896 est. $17,000-$20,000), and the finest specimen of F. Champenois / Reverie, with text (est. $17,000-$20,000).
More on S For Story
- W.J. Castle, P.E. & Assoc., P.C. (CASTLE) has been honored by New Jersey Alliance for Action as a 2019 Distinguished Engineering Award Recipient
- Broccoli City Reveals 2020 Festival Lineup And Announces Its Return To The Nation's Capital For Eighth Annual Celebration Of Music, Art And Culture
- Andrew Jones first-ever Collections Curated by Designers of Distinction auction will be held Feb 23
- Daniel Forbes has Published Yetti Boys
- Mind Gear Studios Founder starts new company Shrimpboot Games
Similarly, the Belle Epoque works of Toulouse-Lautrec are guaranteed to delight, including Ambassadeurs / Aristide Bruant and Confetti (both est. $40,000-$50,000), Salon des Cent (est. $30,000-$35,000), L'Aube (est. $17,000-$20,000), and La Vache Enragée (est. $20,000-$25,000).
Choice Art Deco images are also included. 38 works from Cappiello range from the most beloved to the rarest: Cachou Lajaunie (est. $2,000-$2,500), La 15HP Bellanger (est. $15,000-$20,000), "Ca-bloc" (est. $7,000-$9,000), and a wonderful maquette for Cognac Monnet (est. $30,000-$40,000).
Further remarkable works include: Cassandre's Étoile du Nord (est. $17,000-$20,000), Dupas' Bal des Étudiants (est. $40,000-$50,000), Kauffer's Flight / Daily Herald (smaller format; est. $30,000-$40,000), Lauro's Trouville (est. $8,000-$10,000), Loupot's Plantol and PKZ / Burger-Kehl & C. (both est. $12,000-$15,000), and Schnackenberg's Deutsches Theater (est. $8,000-$10,000).
Modern and contemporary designs will also be available, including works by Keith Haring, Roy Lichtenstein, Pablo Picasso, Bernard Villemot, and Andy Warhol.
About Poster Auctions International:
Public viewings will be held daily from February 7-22. For more information, visit www.posterauctions.com or www.rennertsgallery.com. Or, you may call the gallery at (212) 787-4000. The 200-page, full-color catalog is available for $40. You may call or visit our website to order a copy.
Poster Auctions International
26 West 17th Street
New York City, NY 10011
Latest on S For Story
- Boroughs Publishing Group Releases New Romance Novel By Author Elle Wright – If Ever I Fall
- edjuster announces partnership with FRSTeam to expand capabilities in Total Contents Program
- Know the Importance of custom cabinets for your kitchen renovation in Toronto?
- Author Prepares for Book Launch
- Local Author Speaks Out Against Domestic Violence & Abuse!
- Prescott's Whispering Canyon Community Nears Close-out on Phase 3 and 4
- Yokohama Tokyu REI Hotel to Open April 7, 2020
- Author Sara Gordon Shares Her Heartbreak and Perseverance in Emotional New Memoir 'And They Thought I Had It All'
- Nordic countries have the best passports in the World
- IAOP Announces Intuit to Be Honored at OWS2.0 as Winner of the 2020 Global Excellence in Outsourcing Award
- DMS Announces Seventh Consecutive Ranking On mThink Top CPA Network List
- The Litigation Lawyers At Chand Snider LLP Add Windsor to their Territory
- The Polyflex and Clicheria Blumenau are joining CSW and MARVACO as new partners in the Global Premedia Network
- Deviant Marketing - Nominated for Social Media Ad of the Year
- Facebook Partners with The Alfred Street Baptist Church Foundation for their 18th Annual HBCU Festival on Saturday, January 25 at the National Harbor
- Author Scheduling Book Signings
- Thiel College names Anthony Kos, Ph.D. new Business Administration and Accounting Chair
- Audience Serv Indonesia Drives More Direct Bookings In 2020
- San Francisco Opens The First Housing Program For Transgender & Gender Nonconforming Adults
- Diligence Capital Advisors Arranges Acquisition to Construction Loan for 37 Unit, Mixed-Use Project in South Kensington